A cardigan, but leave out the “drab.” A classic, but make it new. Say hello to the Ellie Cardigan. In Stray Bear’s flagship collaboration piece, we worked with Nashville folk musician Ellie Turner to create a 100% merino, 100% original medium-weight cardigan — with intricate colorways inspired by captivating dualities like warm and cold, night and day. As Ellie beautifully puts it, “We can't understand the feeling of one without the experience of the other. We need it all.” The Ellie can layer or fly on its own, can work buttoned up or unbuttoned with your favorite tee underneath.
- 100% merino wool, milled in Italy and certified by bluesign®
- Made in the USA
- Produced on-demand with seamless knitting technology
- Our sweaters are unisex in design, so we suggest that women size down!
- For a full size chart with measurements, see the bottom of the page.
- Our motto: measure twice, order once!
- Merino wool is a natural marvel in clothing, adept at swiftly wicking away sweat and aiding quick evaporation, ensuring lasting dryness and comfort. Its built-in temperature control offers reliable insulation without overheating, adapting seamlessly to your body's needs. This wool's inherent antimicrobial nature keeps odors at bay, guaranteeing lasting freshness. The ultra-fine, soft fibers minimize skin friction for enhanced comfort. Embrace merino wool's resilience and scientific performance, a superior choice that seamlessly blends functionality with everyday wear.
- Our manufacturing partner uses advanced 3D knitwear technology, which practically eliminates waste in the production process.
- This means your product is made on-demand when you order it!
Shipping & Returns
- Because of our on-demand manufacturing process, your sweater will take 3-6 business days to produce before shipping. Shipping speed depends on your location. Your sweater or beanie will ship from New York.
- If you would like to return or exchange your purchase, you may do so within 15 days of delivery. The customer is responsible for all shipping and handling charges during the return process.
We prefer to hand-wash our sweaters using a wool shampoo. It takes just a few minutes and very little effort. Check out this video for how to hand-wash your sweater!
Lay Flat To Dry
Simply lay your sweater out flat across a drying rack or another suitable surface.
(Or) Dry Clean
Although we prefer hand-washing — it's faster and more environmentally friendly — dry cleaning is always an option!
Texas-native Ellie Turner is a folk musician currently residing in Nashville, TN. Initially destined for a career in visual art and design, it wasn’t until a fated detour led her to The University of Arkansas that she would discover old-time music through a local fiddle jam and become completely enamored with the folk tradition.
But her path was not straightforward. It would take several years in the corporate world and a brief stint working for an interior design startup before Turner finally made the decision to “quit my job, sell my house, and move to Nashville. It was July of 2018, I was 26 years old, and I felt so behind,” she says.
Following her first EP release after her move to town, the world came to an abrupt halt. A tornado ripped through Nashville on March 3, 2020, and just over a week later, the US declared its first pandemic shutdown. In the sudden stillness that ensued, Turner began writing her first full-length album, When The Trouble’s All Done, which was released on March 24, 2023.
In an era when it is possible to edit every note of a record into some semblance of “perfection,” Turner’s music moves and breathes, and reminds us where folk music comes from: the homes and souls of regular people, singing unedited songs for one another on quiet evenings.
Size Chart (we suggest that women size down)
|Chest Width XS|
|Front body length XS|
|Sleeve Length (from shoulder seam) XS|
|Front body length||23.5||24.5||25.5||26.5||27.5||28.5|
|Sleeve Length (from shoulder seam)||22.5||23.25||24||24.75||25.5||26.25|
* Sizes are American and expressed in inches.