You’re in pursuit of a unicorn: that rare, seemingly impossible combination of heirloom quality with pragmatic functionality. The Heirloom Sweater is Stray Bear’s answer to that search. Like all of our knitwear, the Heritage is crafted in the USA of bluesign®-certified 100% merino wool. With a comfortable fit that’s close enough to the body to still work as a layer, wear this knit from the beginning of fall through those last chilly spring mornings. Available in three distinct marled colorways, the Heritage is unique every time a new sweater is produced — like our beanie.
Color, texture, weight, precision. This is the showstopper of Stray Bear’s collection, a sweater as versatile as any other we create but with an elegance that is fundamental to the piece.
- 100% merino wool, milled in Italy and certified by bluesign®
- Made in the USA
- Produced on-demand with seamless knitting technology
- Our sweaters are unisex in design, so we suggest that women size down!
- For a full size chart with measurements, see the bottom of the page.
- Our motto: measure twice, order once!
- Merino wool is a natural marvel in clothing, adept at swiftly wicking away sweat and aiding quick evaporation, ensuring lasting dryness and comfort. Its built-in temperature control offers reliable insulation without overheating, adapting seamlessly to your body's needs. This wool's inherent antimicrobial nature keeps odors at bay, guaranteeing lasting freshness. The ultra-fine, soft fibers minimize skin friction for enhanced comfort. Embrace merino wool's resilience and scientific performance, a superior choice that seamlessly blends functionality with everyday wear.
- Our manufacturing partner uses advanced 3D knitwear technology, which practically eliminates waste in the production process.
- This means your product is made on-demand when you order it!
Shipping & Returns
- Because of our on-demand manufacturing process, your sweater will take 3-6 business days to produce before shipping. Shipping speed depends on your location. Your sweater or beanie will ship from New York.
- If you would like to return or exchange your purchase, you may do so within 15 days of delivery. The customer is responsible for all shipping and handling charges during the return process.
We prefer to hand-wash our sweaters using a wool shampoo. It takes just a few minutes and very little effort. Check out this video for how to hand-wash your sweater!
Lay Flat To Dry
Simply lay your sweater out flat across a drying rack or another suitable surface.
(Or) Dry Clean
Although we prefer hand-washing — it's faster and more environmentally friendly — dry cleaning is always an option!
Style & Fit
Make no mistake about it: while the Heritage Sweater can certainly play nice with other pieces in your outfit, this is going to get the bulk of the admiration. Each colorway — Night, Stone, and Sunset — is uniquely complex, whether you're going for earthy tones, color, or the blue-black of night. But what we love about this piece is how easily it slides along this scale of dressy to casual; we've worn the Heritage sitting around a campfire, to a coffee shop rendezvous, and to cocktail soirees. Like all great sweaters, you can dress it up, dress it down, wear it in, and wear it out.
|Chest Width XS|
|Front Body Length XS|
|Sleeve Length (to collar) XS|
|Front Body Length||22.75||23.75||24.75||25.75||26.75||27.75|
|Sleeve Length (to collar)||27.75||28.5||29.25||30||30.75||31.5|
* Sizes are American and expressed in inches. Note: for the Heritage sweater, the sleeve length runs all the way to the collar.